Women’s Division Chamber of Commerce
DWTLS Challenge – Video Submission Rules
The Dancing with the Local Stars (DWTLS) Dance Challenge – Entrants will submit a video as an individual, duo, or as a group. The videos must be 60 seconds or less. The Women’s Division Chamber of Commerce (WDCC) and the DWTLS committee will select final submissions to be featured on the DWTLS website. Public voting will then commence. Video with the most votes/donations will be designated the winner, $1 equals 1 vote.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The “Dancing with the Local Stars Dance Challenge” (“Challenge”) is open and offered only to legal residents of the State of Michigan who are 18 years of age or older. Do not enter this Challenge if at the time of entry, you are not a resident of the State of Michigan who is 18 years of age or older. Teams with individuals who do not meet the age and residency requirements will be disqualified, and their submissions will be void. For purposes of these Official Rules, individuals and teams who submit Challenge entries will collectively be referred to as “Entrants.” Women’s Division Chamber of Commerce officers, employees, or their immediate family members (spouses and children or siblings by blood or marriage) of City of Muskegon are eligible to submit a video for possible inclusion in the compilation video, but not eligible for other prizes, apart from attendance at the Video Compilation premier. In order to be eligible for prize consideration, apart from inclusion in the Compilation Video and attendance at its premier, those assisting in the creation or submission of a Challenge video cannot be employees of the City of Muskegon or immediate family members (spouses and children or siblings by blood or marriage) of City of Muskegon employees. The Challenge is subject to all Federal and state laws and regulations.
2. SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR. The Challenge is sponsored and administered by the Women’s Division Chamber of Commerce and Dancing with the Local Stars, P.O. Box 1665, Muskegon, MI 49443 (the “Sponsor”).
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES. By participating, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Challenge. Being selected for inclusion in the Sponsor’s official “Dancing with the Local Stars Dance Challenge” winning video compilation (the “Video Compilation”) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. HOW TO ENTER. The Challenge begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on Monday, February 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Sunday, February 28, 2029 (“Challenge Period”). Review these Official Rules then visit and submit the entry form (including noting the soloist/team name and upload a photo of the soloist/team) to complete your entry. An entry fee (one-time $5 per soloist/team) must be paid upon submission. Only one entry per person or team will be counted. Entries will be considered ineligible if, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, they do not follow the directions described in these Official Rules, or if they contain language or images that are in any way threatening, abusive, offensive, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, in breach of confidence, embarrassing to any person or likely to deceive any person, hateful, blasphemous, pornographic, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or otherwise contrary to any law or appear contrary to the spirit of the Challenge.
The Sponsor is not responsible for late or unsuccessful attempts to enter. The Sponsor reserves the right to allow for minor fluctuations between the timing of an entry and the actual runtime of the Challenge, based on clear intent to comply with the Official Rules, as determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By submitting an entry, each Entrant warrants and represents that they consent to the submission and use of the entry in the Challenge, and to the Sponsor possibly posting information of the entry on its internet sites in connection with the Challenge.
5. PURPOSE AND SELECTION. The Challenge is designed for people ages 18 and up to perform a dance routine to earn donations for Muskegon-area charities. Members of the DWTLS staff will review all eligible submissions posted on the DWTLS website and will select the videos that will be featured in the Video Compilation.
Selected entries will be awarded a placement on the DWTLS website for public voting based on those rankings.
6. SUBMISSION CONTENT AND FORMAT. Entrants will dance a routine to any dance style or category as chosen by the Entrant. You can enter the Challenge as an individual, duo (two members), or as a team. The video must be produced by you, the Entrant, and meet all video requirements as stated below.
a. Videos must be filmed in widescreen (no vertical video will be accepted).
b. Videos must NOT contain:
Material that violates or infringes on another’s rights including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity, and intellectual property;
A focus on brand names or trademarks;
Copyrighted material (such as music tracks, snippets of copyrighted programs) without necessary authorizations;
Material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous;
Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations of the United State of America; or
Visual or verbal mention of any websites other than the DWTLS official website (dancemuskegon.com).
c. Amateur videos are welcomed. Entrants may use any type of video device to record videos, but all videos must be filmed in the widescreen or horizontal screen orientation.
d. Dances can be in any style (i.e., ballet, tap, hip-hop, contemporary, ballroom, jazz, character, etc.).
e. Dancers of all levels are welcome to participate (i.e., novice, intermediate, competitive, professional/pro-amateur).
f. Videos can show logos, organizations, or institutions if the display is incidental and not promotional. All decisions as to whether such display rises to the level of promotion will be determined by Sponsor’s staff on a case-by-case basis.
g. ROUTINES MUST BE APPROPRIATE FOR FAMILY VIEWING: Any routine that a judge feels is not appropriate is subject to a deduction or even disqualification.
h. By submitting a video, the Entrant represents and warrants that:
The Entrant has obtained permission from each person whose name, image, likeness, or voice (“Likeness”) is included in the submission, and that such person(s) have granted the Entrant all necessary rights to use the person’s Likeness as described in these rules, and that the Entrant can make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request.
If the Likeness of a minor (under 18 years old as of January 1, 2003) is included, the minor’s parent or legal guardian has authorized the use of the minor’s Likeness on behalf of the minor.
i. If your video is selected to be featured in the Video Compilation, you grant the Sponsor an irrevocable, royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display, perform publicly, otherwise use, and authorize others to use, the video for City purposes.
j. The Challenge is subject to all Federal and state laws and regulations.
k. The Entrant has read and abided by all the rules of this Challenge.
l. Video entries that do not comply with these Official Rules will not be considered.
7. SUBMITTING YOUR VIDEO. Videos should be uploaded to the DWTLS website via Hightail.
8. PUBLIC VOTING AND DONATIONS. A voting/donation period for the public will commence on or about Monday, March 1, 2021 and ending on Wednesday, March 17, 2021.
10. POSTING OF VIDEO COMPILATION. The winning entrant whose video receives the most votes/donations will have their video featured in the Compilation Video posted on the DWTLS official website and the WDCC official Facebook page.
11. PRIZES. The primary prizes for this Challenge are inclusion of entered video in the Compilation Video and their votes/donations distributed to a Muskegon-area charity of the Entrant’s choice.
12. GENERAL CONDITIONS. If for any reason the operation or administration of this Challenge is impaired or incapable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to (a) infection by computer virus or bugs, (b) tampering, unauthorized intervention, (c) fraud, (d) technical failures, or (e) any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Challenge, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Challenge in whole or in part, at any time, without notice, and award prizes using all non-suspect eligible entries received as of, or after (if applicable) this cancellation, termination, modification or suspension date, or in any manner that is fair and equitable and best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge or Sponsor’s website; or (b) acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CHALLENGE MAY VIOLATE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
13. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CHALLENGE, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR AND ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) ANY TECHNICAL ERRORS THAT MAY PREVENT AN ENTRANT FROM SUBMITTING AN ENTRY; (B) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN THE CHALLENGE; (C) ERRORS IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CHALLENGE OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; (D) ANY CHANGES IN THIRD PARTY TERMS OF CONDITIONS; OR (E) INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CHALLENGE OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE. RELEASED PARTIES ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, ENTRIES. RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR TELEPHONE LINES, COMPUTER ON-LINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS, OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, FAILURE OF ANY E-MAIL OR ENTRY TO BE RECEIVED BY SPONSOR ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, HUMAN ERROR OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE, OR ANY COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PARTICIPANT’S OR ANY OTHER PERSON’S COMPUTER RELATING TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE OR DOWNLOADING ANY MATERIALS IN THIS CHALLENGE. THE SPONSOR IS A GOVERNMENTAL ENTITY ENTITLED TO CERTAIN IMMUNITIES PROVIDED BY LAW. ENTRANT AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE CHALLENGE, TO THE EXTENT OF ANY LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEY’S FEES. ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
14. COPYRIGHT. Sponsor and those acting with its authority, shall have the unrestricted, absolute, perpetual, worldwide right and license to use Entrant’s name, address, photograph, likeness, voice, biographical and personal background information, statements, Challenge entry, and any writing, photo, video, or other work submitted as part of the Challenge entry, and, without limitation, any notes, photograph, film, or video or audio tape that may be taken of Entrant or of such materials ( the foregoing, collectively, the “Content”), without compensation, consideration, or notice or permission to Entrant or to any third party, and to reproduce, copy, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, exhibit, distribute, transmit or broadcast, publicly or otherwise, or otherwise use and permit to be used the Content or any part thereof, whether alone or in combination with other materials (including but not limited to text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, and graphics, video or audio segments of any nature), in any media or embodiment now known or hereafter developed (including but not limited to any format of any computer-based, Internet-based, electronic, magnetic, digital, laser or optical-based media), in connection with any Sponsor (or its designee’s) advertising, promotion, publicity, trade, sweepstakes or Challenge promotions, activities, or materials.
15. GENERAL. By accepting a prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to the Released Parties and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsor and the Released Parties (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon Sponsor’s request), the right to print, publish, broadcast and use IN ALL MEDIA without limitation at any time the winner’s full name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without payment or consideration, and without review, approval or notification. IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS CHALLENGE OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, DEATH OR LOSSES OR DAMAGES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY AS WELL AS CLAIMS/ACTIONS BASED ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY THAT MAY ARISE FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS CHALLENGE OR ITS RELATED ACTIVITIES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE. WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT RELEASED PARTIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO ANY PRIZE.
17. QUESTIONS? Please contact ContactWDCC@gmail.com for any questions regarding the “DWTLS Dance Challenge” video submission challenge. When emailing, please make sure to include the words “video dance challenge” in the subject line.